This position is remote based.
About your responsibilities:
- Produce well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Build website layout/user interface by using React
- Utilize data from various back-end services and databases
- Collect and review specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Prepare and maintain software documentation
- Maintain, expand, and scale our site as assigned
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Work together with web designers to match visual design intent
About your skills:
- Proficiency in the more challenging aspects of Node.js development in the context of a production-ready applications
- Worked on a project with 1 - 10 million users total and > 10k requests / min
- Experience in development of frontend UIs with React & Redux would be great
- Familiar with libraries & packages like express/koa + middleware, jest, Apollo GraphQL server, TypeORM, Sequelize, webpack and socket.io
- Good understanding of asynchronicity, exception handling, parallelism, chaining and websockets
- Excellent knowledge of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Strong problem solving skills with a creative approach
- Good ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- You have great written and verbal skills, just like every great communicator ;-)
About the Hiring Process
- Application: Provide us with the following: a cover letter, resume, link to your portfolio
- Work Sample: Within 48 hours of the application, we will let you know whether we would like you to work on our small work sample. This shouldn't take you longer than 2-3 hours. Afterwards your work will be reviewed using a pre-defined set of criteria.
- Video interview: If your submission was great, we would like to schedule a video interview with you. This interview is intended to gauge the general cultural fit and basic technical skills.
- Pair programming: You will be given a few programming tasks to perform during a 3-hour screensharing call with one of our developers.
- Job offer: We will let you know within 5 business days from the pair programming exercise whether you will be offered the position.
About our stack
- We use many different technologies (we’re open minded and consider what’s best for each job).
- Browser-based interface built around internal services, for most of our new features we use React
- Languages: Node.js, TypeScript, PHP
- Databases & Caches: MySQL (RDS), Redis, Memcache, MongoDB
- Infrastructure: AWS, Ubuntu, nginx, chef
- Millions of requests per day
Perks at Digication
- Work wherever you want. If you want to move, travel, experience the world, do it while having a full time job with us. If you prefer, you can also work on site in the San Francisco bay area with the founders.
- There is one group meeting a day and one once a week. Otherwise you work at your own pace. We connect via Slack and Zoom, and use github pull requests for code review.
- We will get you whatever computer / phone / tablet you see fit.
- Health / Dental / 401k (depends on your location)
- Last and not least, you get to work with on a product that makes a difference for students at thousands of schools and colleges. See what students say about us: https://www.digication.com/ind...