This is a remote position.
Digication is looking for a motivated and experienced engineer who is equally comfortable with software development and system administration. This is a key position, so your efforts will have a noticeable impact to our platform. You will work hand-in-hand with our development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Kubernetes, and a CI system to automatically build, test and deploy applications
About your responsibilities:
- build and manage a large, highly available, scalable infrastructure supporting thousands of concurrent users
- centralize logs and monitor every aspect of a system
- build custom tools to simplify your day-to-day jobs or to help stay in budget
- flexible and available when needed. You understand emergency calls can be part of the job and are aware of the challenges supporting a 24/7 environment.
About your skills:
- > 5 years strong working experience in Linux administration, especially networking and security
- > 5 years solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS (ideally AWS certified)
- > 2 years experience running a rather big and complex production setup on Kubernetes (EKS)
- Strong grasp of automation and infrastructure as code (IaC) with Terraform
- good coding skill for building custom tools
- knowledge in TypeScript is a big bonus!
- Strong problem solving skills with a creative approach
- We work remotely and employees are distributed but more importantly we work as a team, with direct access to the company founders.
- We are self motivated, hold ourselves accountable for our work and commitments.
- Although we work with a sense of urgency, we don’t like cutting corners.
- Integrity is more important for us then profitability (although we are profitable!).
- We are not a “work hard/play hard” startup but responsible adults with diverse backgrounds and interests who take our mission, our clients and our lives seriously.
- We value personal growth and learning over titles and salaries.
Perks at Digication
- Work wherever you want. If you want to move, travel, experience the world, do it while having a full time job with us.
- There is one team meeting a day and one company-wide all-hands meeting once a week. Otherwise you work at your own pace.
- We connect via Slack and Zoom, and use GitHub pull requests for code review.
- We will get you whatever computer / phone / tablet you see fit.
- Health / Dental / 401k (depends on your location)
- Last and not least, you get to work with on a product that makes a difference for students at thousands of schools and colleges. See what our users do with Digication: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiSdYblDWvWUccKA9zBIV4Q/videos
The Hiring Process
- Application: Provide us with the following: a cover letter, resume, link to your portfolio and code samples
- Work Sample: Within 48 hours of the application, we will let you know whether we would like you to work on our small work sample. This shouldn't take you longer than 2-3 hours.
- Video interview: Upon successful review of your work sample, we will schedule a video interview with you. This interview is intended to gauge the general cultural fit and technical skills.
- Infrastructure Design interview: Next we schedule an Infrastructure Design interview with you. For this interview you will share your screen while discussing an Infrastructure Design for a fictional new application by diagramming and sketching on a whiteboard application.
- Group Meeting: Get a chance to meet some more Digication peeps.
- Job offer: We will let you know within 5 business days from the group interview whether you will be offered the position.